Princess Aurora, the Sleeping Beauty.


Made by yours truly using Adobe Photoshop.

First released in 1959, Sleeping Beauty is an animated film produced by Walt Disney based on The Sleeping Beauty by Charles Perrault and Little Briar Rose by The Brothers Grimm.

If you'd ask me which Disney film/princess is my favourite, it'll undoubtedly be Belle of Beauty and the Beast. I watched the animated film since I was a little kid and have loved Beauty and the Beast for the longest time. 
Now that they are having a remake of the original Disney film, I'm totally looking forward to it with strong anticipation. Eeeeks!

Image may contain: 8 people, people smiling, people standing and text
  (Image taken from Beauty and the Beast)



Having grown up with Disney, I have had fantasies of having a prince sweep me off my feet.... or in the case of Belle, to be capable of a love so strong and powerful resulting in a transformation of the heart and body. 
(In modern day's terms, this means to have a man change his ways for you - usually a player or bad boy.)


So when I decided to embark on a project with the flowers that love had bought me, it was no surprise that Disney influences were on my mind.  

Yayy. My first bouquet.


After doing some searches on Google, I chanced upon the projects by Zhi Wei, also known as Limzy. She is a Malaysian visual artist (Hey there neighbour! Psss. I'm Singaporean.) who uses flower petals to make adorable and unique artworks. Do check out her instagram for more inspiration!


So after half an hour or so of arranging and glue-ing, this is what I got.


What do you think?
I'd really much preferred if I could recreate Belle in a flower dress... but the the tulips are pink in color, which would really suit Sleeping Beauty better.


Let me know what you think, and if you have projects of your own!
Don't worry if it doesn't turn out the way you want it to. I'm sure it still looks great :)

Best of luck!


xoxo,
meixii



Comments